1.23.2009

On a Simple Note ...

There is nothing sweeter then booking a vacation.

The process of planning my vacation is as much a thrill as the trip itself! First the decision of where to go. For me it always involves being active - skiing, or surfing, tennis, running, cycling, etc. This trip will be to a tropical destination.

Since I've been to this destination before, I'll check availability at my favorite spot. I then start searching for the best flight deals. Not just any deal, as I won't compromise my time to save a few shillings. Especially if it's a long flight. At this point I'm ready to book a car. Presto! The trip is set.

Now it's time to surf the net to check out what's going on while I'm there. Any surfing competitions, skateboarding to check out, art exhibits, film festivals, tennis events, that kind of thing.

I then book a couple of massages with my favorite therapist on the Island. I usually book it at the end of the day after I've beaten myself up from running, surfing, tennis, and yoga.

This vacation is booked for early Spring, so I have 3 1/2 months to really look forward to it. I hit the gym harder, and I have a more energetic spring in my step as I anticipate my vacation.

By no means am I wishing the days away as I await my trip. What it does do, is make me feel more peaceful and easier going when I know I have planned an adventure. It's the excitement of knowing I'm going somewhere to play.

We all need something to look forward to. For me, it's traveling. What is it for you?

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. what i look forward to? being with friends. it's difficult when most everybody is busy with work and family and commuting 5-6 days a week from home to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that deals with expressing myself. I went so long without a creative outlet that now I get so excited to express myself in any way I can. Talking to my friends, create a new playlist on imeem or writintg a blog post. Life is so much better when you take the time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete