1.22.2009

Baby, it's Cold Outside ...

It's dark and cold outside. My immediate impulse was to post a smile pic. Interesting how we choose to handle feelings, circumstances, and situations. I could have posted a dark, gloomy photo. That's what I'm thinking when I look outside. I'm choosing to make this as good a day as I can. Once I do some yoga, go for a run, it'll be good. 

I'm a true believer in relying on ones self for ones own happiness. I've noticed that some people are waiting for someone or something else to come along to make them happy. If we set unrealistic expectations, then we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. I believe when we expect something of others, it deflects from the real root cause; our own dissatisfactions. It's a lot easier to expect something from someone else, then it is of ourselves.

It could be helpful for each of us to look within ourselves and tap into, or find what it is that makes us feel good. Take yourself out for a date. Do whatever it is that makes you happy. Take note of how you're thinking, feeling, and what you're doing that brings on certain feelings or reactions.

Whatever the reaction, have it. You'll never get to know yourself better if you don't explore.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. Great philosophy! I think what you are describing is joy, which is a soul satisfying experience. A lot of people are chancing after happiness, a temporary fix, and wondering why they don't feel fulfilled.

    This article is simply powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post too and totally agree....again :-)
    Well said!

    ReplyDelete