1.04.2009

This Just In ....

Alrightly now, revision to my New Year's resolution as this just in ... "Drink A Day May Keep Alzheimer's At Bay." Sarah Boesveld of the Globe and Mail reports, and I quote "If your New Year's resolution is to stop tippling, you may want to reconsider." She goes on to write, "People who have one to two alcoholic drinks a day are often at a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease and dementia than their teetotalling peers, researchers concluded after analyzing 44 studies about moderate alcohol intake and its effect on the heart and the brain."

Note to self, willpower does not need to be tested with respect to trying to stop drinking wine for a month - YIPPEE! I knew this goal wasn't going to be easy since I equate wine with the social elements of my life - particularly since, day one of the "stop drinking wine for one month goal" started with me seeing the film "Vicky Christina Barcelona." And in perfect Woody Allen form it was set in beautiful Spain where the characters were constantly drinking wine. All I could do was to laugh at the irony.

So, on to my other New Year goals ... any other articles anyone cares to share with me that contradicts my goal in favor of not doing it? .... Bring it on!

A toast!
Cheers.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment