1.08.2009

CHA*OT*IC

Defined as "In a state of complete confusion and disorder." Yep, that's it. Holiday's are over and the world is spinning at the speed of light.


Every time I come back from vacation (to vacate one's life) I swear that I will not fall into the same pattern of living a hectic, crazy life; and what do I do just 2 days into "back to work?" I fall into a hectic, crazy life. At this point I'm laughing like a crazed mad scientist. Hey, what can I do? Laughter is thee best medicine.

You know, I don't take myself too seriously - actually I don't take myself seriously at all. I find most things humorous. And yet, I think humor, and those who have humor, to be one of those dark, dramatic, see the world as a contradiction, mad, frustrated emotions that has transformed itself into a happy, good thing. In our deepest despair one finds themselves possibly saying "Hey, all I can do is laugh," or "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry."  
Think about it. Does this sound reasonable to you?

We all, for the most part choose to live our life a certain way within the boundaries we've set for ourselves (I've mentioned this before) - speaking from a North American POV, as I wouldn't even begin to express the hardship inflicted on those living in areas of the world where one has little or no control over their life. From the get go we have no idea just how fortunate we are, even as we go through this economic turmoil. And yet, for those who have a choice, we demonstrate that we are not willing to make the changes necessary in order to live the life that we want. One reasoning behind the lack of motivation, for the most part I believe is fear, the fear of the unknown, the "what if," the "yay but." 

Whether you agree with me or not is a moot point, as my intent is to provoke thinking.

We are all more alike then we think. Or would like to think. Think about that.

New Rule (as Bill Maher says): Stop, think, make a change .... oh, and have more sex.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment: