1.02.2009

Just Breathe ...

New Year's resolution:

1. No wine for the month of January
2. No processed flour i.e. breads, pasta, and the like
3. No treats i.e. chocolate, snacks, etc.
4. Increase the intensity of my daily workouts.

Why? To see how much willpower I actually have. To look better.

As I'm typing this, I realize how cruel I'm being to myself. I have this very superficial image of wanting to look like a Penelope Cruz or Jennifer Anniston type. Pathetic isn't it, particularly after I was writing in an earlier blog below ("the whole damn thing") about the ridiculousness of excess i.e. botox. Let's face it ... we're all vain. I'm no exception. It just bugs the hell out of me to have to say it.

Quietly and without announcement I live a healthy lifestyle. I always have. I'm in good shape, exercise every day, eat healthy foods - except from time to time where I crave bread, chocolate, and other treats not part of the essential 4 food groups, and yet I'm not satisfied with myself. This year I want to look different - better. I'm thinking 5lbs lighter, upper body more defined, that kinda thing. Boy do I ever sound superficial - I said this already didn't I?

I feel guilty confessing to the fact that I'm just as vain as the next person. I thought I was above this thinking? Ah, I'm not.

So, I'm going to resolve myself to the fact that I want to challenge myself this year to looking the best that I can using the blood, sweat and tears of my own will. I'm not going to be hard on myself for thinking how vain I'm being, and am going to spin this in a way that has me saying "Ones health is the most important thing. Without it, ones quality of life can be diminished." And then I'm going to just BREATHE ..... and not take the whole damn thing so seriously.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment