12.22.2008

Spinning ...


I wonder about everything. How people function day to day, what and how they're thinking, doing, believing and basically just "being." You see I believe we've all been spun since birth. Just as soon as we pop out of the womb we're basically taught how to think, feel, well really ... be. From religion on up (or down, depending on how you look at it).


Basically, I have a hard time conforming. Conforming to the 9 to 5 job mentality, the house, the 2.5 kids, the material world (that I must admit I get sucked into) the institution of, well, any institution actually, and mostly, the brainwashing of organized religion.

I try so hard to have faith in human kind, and yet I can't believe so many people get trapped into the day to day (moment to moment) propaganda that envelops us.

Every one of us live in "a" reality ... not "thee" reality ... meaning we can change our circumstances, our way of living if we really wanted too, and yet, it's so much harder then said. So what do we do ... go through life (a lot of us) going through the motions. So what's it going to take to make a change? I've been thinking a lot about this as we move into a new year with new hopes. I have no idea what 2009 will look like, and yet I'm sure I'm going to effect it in a way that involves change - real change.

I'm going to need to ponder more about what this change will look-like. To start though, my friend and I are getting together before January 1st to write out our "dream list." A list that's full of what we wish for in 2009. I think it's a good first start. I invite you to do the same.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment