12.29.2008

The Dude

I feel like a free wheeling dude (or dudette) as the holiday's are upon us. I can go wherever the road takes me. It's a freeing feeling to know that I have some time to do what I want - sleep in, stay up late (and it's not for work!), exercise as long as I want, hang with friends and family, go to films, galleries, museums, coffee shops, whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm just "being." It's so selfish and yet at this time of the year it seems so necessary (for me) to recharge so that I'll be good to go when I get back to officially working. I say selfish as I am very aware that we are in one of the worst recessions, possibly on the cusp of a depression that we have ever been in since the depression of the dirty '30's.


New year messaging in the media is full of doom and gloom. Articles feature "remembering the great depression," the credit crisis, the big 3 bailout, Wall Streets a bust, and more. It's definitely not life as usual, at least it shouldn't be.

So in my own little world (way) I've decided not to take the big holiday trip that I normally go on this season, and yet I will still go wherever the road will take me ... however, it'll be by foot or by hybrid (hybrid anything!). And I'm o.k. with it.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment