2.08.2009

U B U

Don't compromise who you are. In an earlier blog I wrote discover what you like and do more of it. It's easy to fall into the trap of settling. I suspect we do this for fear of, well, for fear. If you break down the word - f.e.a.r, it could mean,  false evidence appearing real. I didn't coin this, someone else did. It speaks volumes. Think about it. What are you afraid of? Almost everything that hasn't happened yet. We have vivid imaginations and can conjure up almost anything that may stop us from doing what we want.

It's the "what if," and "ya but," that seems to paralyze a lot of us. To this I say, enough. Learn to dig deep into your soul and grab the real you and go after what you believe to be true - for yourself. 

I'm saying this for my benefit as well your own. I sometimes derail and need to remind myself to be me. The me that still jumps up and down when I'm excited - is very goofy and likes to hug a lot - can be overly complimentary yet I mean every word of it - says how I feel and am learning not to apologize for it - is passionate about doing cool stuff - and is ok with being neurotic - I'm not really sure that I am neurotic - but I figure we all are to some degree.

I believe this is the only life we've got, at least that I know of, so live it.

Make a life, not a living. 

Go with confidence.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing to fear but the fear itself.
    The blow is bad but the anticipation of the blow it is even worse.
    I am prety good at controlling my fear but from time to time I fall in its trap too.
    Then I go and do my anti fear meditation.
    Here it is if you want to try it:Fear

    ReplyDelete