2.04.2009

The Silly Side of Life

First off - thanks Benny Greenberg at Ya-ttitude for inspiring me to use this picture. It's so appropriate.

What a bazaar week of comedic proportion. It started with my brother sending me the bite of a Christian Bale rant to a DP (Director of Photography) that went on for 4 or so minutes. It was f***king this and f***king that because the poor guy (the DP) distracted Bale while he was acting out his lines. He went ballistic. The tantrum went on and on with a handful of mealy mouth crew sheepishly NOT coming to the defense of the DP. It was pathetic. It also showed a sour side of Bale. A bullying, mean, asshole that should come to the realization that he's an actor and not out saving the world ... oh and to that point ... even if he were saving the world, one should never put up with that kind of behavior. What a prick.

Following that whack-job spouting off was my real world of continued rants by people I've been working with lately. Is there a full moon or something? What gives?

To make matters worse, I work in the film industry so of course it's more of the same. So, I'm working on a project and needed to collaborate with one other person to complete the job. We hook up and I offer a solution to which she says,"Is this how you'd like to proceed?" Translation, she was ticked that she didn't offer up her own solution. I replied "How would you like to proceed?" She then begins getting into this long drawn out monologue of how we should best work together. I'm staring at her intently, my inner voice screaming "Shut the f**k up." An hour passes, we worked it out, and then I went off and just did it myself. It was the longest hour of my life.

I then head back to my office to get to work on the completion of the project to find 4 colleagues gathered around waiting for my assistance. They then, in unison, voice their own frustrations having to work with the same person I just left. Once the verbal purge was over we all laughed at how insanely ridiculous these past few days had been.

The funny part of this whole thing is ... the same person who, for various reasons had been a point of frustration to a number of us comes into my office and starts to randomly chat about stuff - truly, just stuff, light stuff, as if nothing happened.

Are we all being worked over this week? or is it just my insulated team that feels we're working with Dr. Jekyll and Ms Hyde.

The moral of this story is: If you don't laugh ... you cry.

Anyone else experience the same kind of day, week, month? Misery loves company! :-)

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

  1. YES! There has be some planetary shift occuring. JUST today, we were having a meeting and someone walked in spouting off about something. When he left we said, He's like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men make much more reliable assholes than women, who can be as unpredictable as the wind. A woman's spirit can change at any moment the mood hits them. No doubt this is triggered in part due to their complex biochemistry, These episodes are usually separated by periods of "normal" mood, but in some individuals, depression and mania may rapidly alternate, known as rapid cycling. Not all women suffer in this way, but if a girl is sweet and sour at the same time, you had better run for your own sanity's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this kind of week at home!!! Now I feel better knowing I'm not alone lol.

    ReplyDelete