3.14.2009

I am ...

I am ... confused, unhappy, bewildered, frustrated, scared, and disppointed. That's what I'm hearing lately. Although I have a feeling once spring is sprung some of these feelings may dissipate. By no means am I trying to diminish any of these feelings, I believe them to be real. What I find interesting is the correlation between seasons and emotions - how intertwined they appear to be - quite powerful actually.

In our advancement we've termed this to be seasonal affective disorder (SAD), or winter depression / winter blues. In Wikipedia it says: It's a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, repeatedly, year after year. However it's described, feeling crappy, sucks.

I don't suffer from this to any noticeable degree, however, I am sick of winter and am eagerly awaiting warmer days. I'm certainly noting the longer days lately, and it does make a difference. 

I feel badly when I hear of people feeling sad. I actually noted this about myself in a recent blog saying how boring I felt. I attribute this to the weather. Although, feeling boring isn't the same as being sad, and yet it could very well be the underpinning of this emotion.

If you are one of those people who find the winter months particularly difficult, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's just around the corner.

Here's hoping for brighter more energetic days!

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

  1. I think part of this blah time is that we are like the seeds underground during winter - sitting there in the dark, waiting for the warmth of the sun to sprout up, to grow, and just to be. There is a restless that can permeate winter and as you said you can start to feel boring. I usually start a bunch of projects in late fall that will fuel me during the blah time. Preparedness helps but hey, YAY for spring! I'm more than ready!

    ReplyDelete