2.07.2010

Twin Power

My twin brother and I had a chance to hang out together this past little while. We live quite far from one another. I realize that when we do have a chance to connect in person, rather then our usual phone and email correspondence, I realize just how much I miss him. Our time together is fun, honest, and, well, together.

Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, but aside from the temporary aggravation we both feel, we really do love each other.

There is something wonderfully refreshing when one has a good relationship with ones family members. Personally, I don't have to be guarded or careful with my words. We can really talk about things that concern us, and yet we don't feel judged. I haven't experienced this with my friends. There is always a sense of not feeling 100% "safe" in being me - really me, although, there is nothing really that mysterious about me. Nevertheless I am grateful for my family.

I just took my brother to the airport, and although he'll be back soon, I miss him already. There is no question that I love having him in the same City. We have a bond. I don't think it's a twin thing necessarily, although I'm probably kidding myself - it's more like a warm, fuzzy feeling just knowing he's around.

That's all I really had to say about that .... ;-)

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment: